- Campus Police
- Go to our website »
The position of Campus Police is responsible for the enforcement of State and Local laws and University Rules and Regulations, as well as providing service to all community members (university and civilian). Position reports to the Chief of Police.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Law enforcement techniques and procedures.
- Use and care for all UIW equipment and in particular, law enforcement equipment.
- The Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 (a.k.a.: Clery Act).
- Operate and maintain vehicles and equipment.
- Have effective reading and writing skills.
- Recognize dangerous/hazardous situations.
- Maintain mental capacity that allows the capability of exercising sound judgment and rational thinking under dangerous and stressful circumstances.
- Demonstrate intellectual capabilities during training and testing processes; to include evaluating various scenarios and developing appropriate options and/or alternatives.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Completion from a Texas accredited police academy.
Required Work Experience
Graduate from a TCOLE recognized police academy or approved equivalent.
Intermediate Peace Officer.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Peace Officer License issued by the TCLEOSE.
Valid Texas drivers license with good driving record.
Must be available to work varying shifts, nights and weekends.
Must be able to fulfill the duties of a Peace Officer which include but are not limited to:
- Effect an arrest, subduing resisting individuals, chase fleeing subjects, running, walking, crouching, or crawling;
- Move equipment, injured/impaired persons, and climb stairs/ladders;
- Perform life-saving and rescue procedures;
- Walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time;
- Maintain effective audio-visual and perception techniques needed for making observations and for communicating with others.
Posting Number: AS1467PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Staff (non-exempt)
Desired Start Date: 10/17/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Jessica Serbantes
Open Date: 07/14/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/21843
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ada5188b9055f9469e213aac827a6b7e