- Full Time/Part-Time Security Guard/Officer
- Go to our website »
Full Time/Part-Time Security Guard/Officer
Founded in 1946, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) is among the nation's oldest, most respected independent, nonprofit biomedical research institutes. OMRF is dedicated to understanding and developing more effective treatments for human diseases, focusing on critical research areas such as Alzheimer's disease, cancer, lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, and cardiovascular disease. OMRF follows an innovative cross-disciplinary approach to medical research and ranks among the nation's leaders in patents per scientist.
Located in Oklahoma City, a city that offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy, OMRF has been voted one of the Top Workplaces since the inception of the award. This achievement has been accomplished thanks to OMRF individuals who share a unified understanding that our excellence can only be fully realized with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, minimum 8% company retirement contribution, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free onsite fitness center with access to personal trainer, free parking and much more! Relocation assistance available for those located 50 miles outside of Oklahoma City metro and out of state. Learn more about our benefits here.
OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- While performing protection duties, Security Officers play an essential public relations role and directly represent OMRF. Act as first contact with visitors, patients, vendors, and/or employees and help ensure a positive impression of the organization. Help form and maintain good relationships between the security department and others in the organization. Positively impact employees attitude to report and decrease security risks. Maintain positive, consistent, collaborative relationship with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) Police Department.
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons during regular business hours and/or special occasions, social events, and conferences to enhance safety program, guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Check visitors in/out.
- Perform foot patrols of Foundation buildings and grounds. Check interior and exterior doors. Ensure doors, windows and gates are secure. Report violations of company security, safety and procedural policies. Report hazardous conditions such as fire risk, water leaks, chemical spills and malfunctioning equipment. Respond to alarms. Raise and lower parking gates. In the event of a power outage, officers may be expected to assist with the manual manipulation of gate(s).
- Monitor, utilize, operate and maintain various security systems/equipment, including but not limited to, access control, video, key tracking, telephone and text alert systems. Run various reports to determine card activity history for a person, door, building and/or elevator; individuals assigned clearances; and other activity.
- Evaluate, address and take necessary steps with suspicious persons, vehicles or circumstances. Warn violators of rule infractions or violations, such as loitering, illegal parking, or carrying forbidden articles. Apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Provide emergency response. Direct, coordinate, and carry out security responses to fire alarms, bomb threats, suspicious packages, hazardous material releases or spills, medical emergencies, mechanical or equipment failures, extreme weather or other criminal actions. Act as first responder in a security emergency.
- Keep abreast of all security policies and know where they are located for quick reference.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSHigh school diploma/GED and one year of public safety, law enforcement or military experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have CLEET ASG certification or equivalent Peace Officer certification from another state or completed Phase 1 and/or Phase 2 to become certified. Valid Oklahoma Drivers License and license to carry a firearm required. Must have knowledge of law enforcement policies and procedures, basic computer skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good judgement, strong problem solving, and exceptional interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to multitask and prioritize are a requirement. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and engage individuals on a professional, friendly, efficient, and courteous manner. Must be honest, courageous, alert, observant, calm, well-disciplined, reliable, and loyal. Must demonstrate ability to learn, manage and operate electronic systems that support the security team. While "on duty", officers must wear OMRF issued uniform and equipment.
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1543/full-time-part-time-security-guard-officer/job?in_iframe=1
OMRFs excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency