- Maintenance Technician 2 - Plumbing
- Go to our website »
Position Title: Maintenance Technician 2 - Plumbing
Department: Facilities Operations – Maintenance & Security
Starting Rate: Band 3 - $20.24 - $25.29
Closed Date: Open Until Filled
The Maintenance Technician 2, Plumbing performs a variety of duties in the plumbing trade. Ensures proper maintenance of all plumbing, potable water, gas, waste, distilled and reclaimed water. Maintains plumbing equipment, tests and services backflows, designs and fabricates brackets, cages, and supports. Estimates jobs and confirms prints, labor, hours, material cost. Prepares schedules and enters data.
The work schedule for this position is flexible and may include working evenings and weekends, local travelRequires rotating on-call.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimates and develops plumbing jobs from start to completion. Creates estimates factoring in customer requirements and other trades involved
- Purchases plumbing materials and enters data. Performs plumbing duties
- Trouble shoots urgent plumbing problems
- Meets with contractors, facilities management, and local utilities agencies
- Tests and services plumbing equipment. Services and repairs shop equipment, augers, and welders
- Assists other shops with various needs
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor
- High school diploma or GED and
- One to three years of related journey level trade experience and
- Valid AZ Drivers License and
- Backflow Assembly tester certification and
- Reclaim water use site compliance certification and
- Boom & Scissor lift certification
- Three to five years of related journey level trade experience
- Vocational or technical training in plumbing
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of skilled trades expertise required to complete assigned responsibilities for the position
- Skill in effective communication (both written and oral)
- Skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
- Skill in plumbing maintenance
- Ability to adapt and maintain professional composure in emergent and crisis situations
- Ability to operate relevant equipment required to complete assigned responsibilities for the position
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a non-traditional work environment with staff contact and frequent interruptions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an non-traditional work setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy (over 50 pounds) amounts of weight; to operate various equipment required to perform job; may be required to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. May be exposed to various hazardous conditions such as extreme heat, extreme cold, infectious disease, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, tight spaces or high places, moving mechanical parts, etc.
Vision: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency